Community OutreachThe Church is one place to be and then the Community is next.
NNMBC and STL Mutual Aid
Program Description: Our Mutual Aid Ministry Team is partnered with STL Mutual Aid which is a network of organizers, healers, artists, community leaders, and every day people coming together to deliver food and supplies, provide financial solidarity, offer emotional support, and connect people to their neighbors.
Address: New Northside Family Life Center – 5939 Goodfellow Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63147
Dates & Times: Every other Friday morning from 9am-1pm (subject to change due to volunteer availability) where volunteers assemble supply packages and allow for pick-ups. Please contact Karen Harvey to confirm our Friday distributions each week.
Impact since June 2020:
- Financial Assistance Distributed: $3,736
- Supplies Distributed in $:$2,173
- Households Supported: 40
- Households Supported Multiple Times: 15
- Neighbors Connected to Outreach Ministers: 6
- PPE Masks Distributed: 40,000+
GET INVOLVED: Contact Karen Harvey at email@example.com or call 314-381-5730.
Volunteer Roles Needed:
1. No-Contact Canvassers: conduct no-contact outreach and spread awareness
2. Intake Callers: help by reaching out to community members in search of immediate direct aid, connections to
other resources, or—sometimes—a listening ear.
3. Assembly: assembles supply packages at the Center while socially-distanced
4. Delivery Drivers: Picks up supplies from Center and delivers to residents in Jennings 27th Ward that do not have
access to transportation
Givelify: Use the Mutual Aid Envelope to make your donation to our effort.
PayPal: Make sure to type in “Mutual Aid” in the note section – http://paypal.me/nnmbc
By Phone: Call the center at 314-381-5730 to make your donation over the phone
Mail In: Make sure to write in “Mutual Aid” in the For/Memo line on the check.
NNMBC is proud to house the Project Downtown Community EMERGENCY Diaper Closet
Program Description: Project Downtown Saint Louis’ mission is to provide essential services to homeless and low-income segments of the St. Louis community. We have a fundamental belief that every person, regardless of their race, gender, age, ethnicity, religion, criminal record, or life history deserves to have enough quality food, shelter and support to become a healthy, productive, stable force for the sake of enhancing the quality of life in the communities that they call “home.”
You can find our Diaper Closet in the New Northside Conference Center just off Goodfellow Blvd. We provide a ONE-TIME service of 50 FREE diapers per child with help getting connected to longer-term suppliers of Diapers like “Parents as Teachers” programs.